What happens in Athens stays on the internet, so BE SMART, BE CIVIL, BE SAFE at the Athens Halloween Block Party.
- Always listen to police and follow their instructions.
- If you see the police breaking up a party, leave the area immediately.
- Avoid inviting outsiders to Athens. If you have guests, make sure they are someone you can trust. They will be held to the same standards as you, and their schools will be notified if they are arrested.
- Do not urinate in public.
- Police (Athens and Ohio University) will enforce the laws. They will take photographs and video at “fests” as evidence of any unlawful behavior. If you are identified through video or photo for violating the law, you will be arrested and prosecuted, even after the event.
- Do not break any laws.
- Do not consume alcohol if you are under age 21. Do not provide alcohol to anyone under age 21.
- Do not consume alcohol on public property, including sidewalks, regardless of age. You will be cited for “open container” and if you are under 21, you will be arrested.
- If you burn anything, you will be suspended from Ohio University.
- If you see someone engaging in unlawful behavior, leave the area immediately and report it to police.
- Citizens can file a complaint against your residence for loud music or unruly behavior. Complaints will be addressed promptly. Have respect for your neighbors and other citizens who may be frightened or bothered. All electronic noise must cease at midnight on the weekends.
- Stay with your friends; do not travel alone.
- Carry identification with you at all times.
- Stay on private property; streets must remain open for vehicles at all times.
- Do not let people you do not know onto your property.
- Stay off roofs.
- Avoid glass containers and watch for glass in your path; always wear shoes.
- If you see a fire or vandalization, call 911 immediately. If you are uncomfortable with people on your property or in your home, call 911 for assistance.
- If someone is in need of medical attention, call 911 immediately.
This message is brought to you buy the City of Athens, and Ohio University